Welcome to St Philip’s Centre
Prevent Support Officer
Temporary post for one year
This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
This vacancy is open to Leicester City Council employees as a secondment opportunity; however line management approval should be sought prior to applying.
Closing date: 5pm on Monday 9th May 2016
Since 2012 the Centre has employed the Coordinator for the delivery of the Prevent strategy in Leicester. The model of basing the Coordinator in a grass-roots community organisation has received widespread support from both Government and the local community. The current Coordinator has been seconded for a one-year post to work for the Home Office across the Midlands, creating this vacancy to support the delivery of the Prevent strategy within Leicester for the rest of this financial year.
Note this is a temporary fixed-term post for one year.
Your role will be to support the Prevent Coordinator in:
- Driving the Prevent programme including community engagement.
- Commissioning and delivery of appropriate products and services.
- Governance and management of the Prevent programme.
You will be able to:
- Network with a wide range of individuals and groups, building relationships of trust and cooperation.
- Work in cooperation with communities, the local authority, other local partners, the police and Home Office
- Develop and maintain relationships with local schools and academies, and assist them in their implementation of the Prevent strategy.
- Manage and coordinate and commission, as appropriate, statutory and community partners to provide local Prevent products and services (Projects).
- Allocate and manage resources in line with objectives and ensure value-for-money.
- Ensure that Prevent is overseen by an inclusive and effective partnership board to set the direction and hold overall accountability
- Ensure that Prevent funding does not reach extremist individuals or organisations and manage engagement with stakeholders appropriately.
- Facilitate Home Office briefings and ministerial/official visits from across Whitehall.
- Support and promote the wider work of the St Philip’s Centre, especially in relation to education and community engagement.
Download the job description & person specification
Download the application form
Completed forms should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
or St Philip’s Centre, 2A Stoughton Drive North, Leicester LE5 5UB
Strengthening community integration with dialogue & understanding
As well as providing an engagement with civic and community life, St Philip’s Centre provides training for:
- Christians to equip them to live confidently in multi faith society, being both present and fully engaged in faithful witness and service
- Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, people of all other faiths and beliefs who would like to know and understand their faith neighbours and discover ways of strengthening community life for the common good
- People at work, whether in the public, private or voluntary sectors who need to understand more about faiths – the opportunities which are created when you get things right and the challenges that need to be addressed when things go wrong
- Young people with aspirations to be the leaders of tomorrow. Whether in your teens or twenties, the SPC’s range of programmes and activities equip young people to lead in today’s diverse world
St Philip’s Centre is a limited company.
Registered in England & Wales no. 5657062 Registered charity no. 1114686